DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

January Swap for All Seasons


 The color for January Swap for All Seasons was blue.  Our card and tag were to follow the theme "Thinking of You".  My card is above and tag is below.  I used my new Cuttlebug to emboss the blue paper on the front of the card.  I found the blue cameo at the thrift store years ago and it was perfect for the blue card.

The tag features an image cut from a vintage apron pattern.  I added fabric strip, buttons, ribbon and rick rack.


I was to send my swap items to Debbie in Ohio.    Here is a link to Debbi's blog.  You can see her cute kittens.


 These are the blue stash items I sent to Debbie.  There are some vintage educational picture cards featuring blue images, quilt blocks sewn by my grandmother and great grandmother in the 30's, buttons, tiny blue rickrack, and blue embroidery floss.


We are encouraged to be creative in our packaging of the items.  I made a little pouch out of some vintage eyelet and tied a blue lace ribbon.

Debbie received the items today and I'm sending her a few more quilt squares to include in a grandmother's flower garden quilt that she is currently constructing.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Really great card and tag! I especially love the image on the tag! And I love the eyelet pouch you made-your packaging is adorable! I'm sure Debbie loved it. So glad you two are getting to know each other a bit!

joy said...

Pam, I adore your card and tag! Lucky Debbie! The blues you sent to here are yummy and isn't it nice that she is in the process of making a quilt? So sweet.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You are so creative! Debbie is one lucky lady to be the recipient of your beautiful card, tag, and everything blue.

Scrap for Joy said...

The card with the cameo is gorgeous! Your work is always so thoughtful and well put together. I will be in Mesa at the end of this month, please have some warm weather for me, Pam!
xoxo
Joyce

Debbie said...

I absolutely adore all of these wonderful swap goodies from you, Pam! Everything is fabulous...and the extra quilt squares arrived here today. I know what I'll be doing over the weekend...cutting some hexagons & piecing some flowers for my quilt! It's been great to get to know you & I know we'll keep in touch.
Thanks again...
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Pam,
I hopped over from Debbies blog. Love, the sweet blue goodies you sent her! the tag is just darling and that cameo, oh my! So sweet of you to part with quilt blocks made by your grandmother. I'm sure she will cherish them. Debbie is my swap partner in the Valentine swap at 521 Lake st. Can't wait! Happy to be following you now.
hugs,
Jann